Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Goodwill = Armed Robbery

As I said in a previous post, we've just moved to this area recently and with painting, moving, painting, home school, painting, new pastor responsibilities, and painting I just went to the local Goodwill this past week. It is AHMAZING!  And I do mean awesome.  It's one of the biggest, cleanest, and most organized Goodwills I've ever been in.

That said, I must proclaim that I was somewhat "Shocked", yes, shocked with a capital S, at the prices.  I went there to find the makings for a cloche.  Seems that all DIY/design blogs have featured these and it's almost a requirement to make one if you are a DIY blogger.  Luckily, I did find what I needed so that will be the topic of a future post.



However, as I was trying to find some things for another project I came across the perfect 2 piece bowl and lid set...think candy dish...It was a whopping $14.99 for the set!  Hello?!?!  Did you catch that?  $14.99!!! This was at Goodwill!  I admit it was a nice set with no cracks or scratches but I was not paying FOURTEEN NINETY-NINE!!! for it. 

Also, I was looking for something to make a tray from for a centerpiece for my coffee table and came across a picture of Jesus praying in Gethsemane, the one that seemed to be on every living room wall in America in the 80's, in a white plastic frame.  We're talking muy el cheapo.  But it was the perfect size and depth for what I had in mind.  $3.99!!!!  Really?!?!  Ok, so maybe I'm a cheapskate (I prefer frugal) but this was not worth $1.00 let alone $3.99.  I really should've taken pics but I was so flabbergasted I forgot.

On the bright side, I did score a particularly fantastic chair for $9.99  



What I'm perceiving it will be IS fantastic!!!
More to come on that later.

God bless,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I enjoy reading what you have to say.